In 2011-2012, the GTCC
Foundation invested over $910,000 in donations and
grants in support of the college.
The purpose of the
Foundation is to raise financial resources beyond
those provided by the state and county that enable the College to
more fully carry out its mission.
Gifts to the Foundation provide scholarships to students and
support faculty and staff development, innovation, and key
Given the changing nature of governmental funding, the GTCC
Foundation will play an even more important role in meeting the
mission of the college going forward
Did you Know?
The Foundation provided $23,422.66
in Emergency Student Loans (Fall 2012).
Foundation scholarships and aid increased by 100% for
This year the GTCC Foundation was able to accept nine students
into the student ambassador program.
Because many of our students could not afford their next meal,
the GTCC Foundation set up food pantries. Food pantries exist on
our Jamestown, High Point, and Greensboro Campuses.
With your support of the Foundation, the GTCC Foundation has
been able to send students and advisors to the National Skills USA
Our students are some of the brightest and most talented in
nation. The GTCC Foundation helps highlight those talents through
funding events such as Student Presentation Day, covering traveling
expenses for students and advisors to attend competitions such as
the Nationals Skills USA Conference, and providing memberships into
professional organizations like the National Intercollegiate Flying
2011 Combined Campaign
This money supported student scholarships, funded direct
departmental support, and supported the greatest needs of the
college where no funding was available
How The Foundation Support GTCC
Gifts and grants to the Foundation supported departments and
faculty/staff in a variety of ways. Some examples include:
• Professional licenses and certifications
• Employee recognition such as Administrative Professionals'
• Instructional supplies where no other funds may be
• Visiting artist program
• Innovative skills training, professional development, and
• Meals in support of advisory committees and departmental
• Student athletes on our four athletic teams received
Alumni cultivation and support activities included Founders'
Day, Fun Friday at the Fountain, mailings and publicity.
The Foundation supported speakers and presenters, event
assistance and publicity for:
• Astronomy Day
• All Campus Read
• Departmental guest lecturers
• Constitution Day
Foundation grants to support faculty/staff
• Young Astronomers program
• Career Workshop Series Pilot
• NVivo training for IRER
• Service Learning Through a Day of Service
• COMPASS workshops online
• GTCC Math Department PI Day
The Food Pantries exist because over 400 GTCC students could not
afford their next meal.
• Jamestown Pantry provided food to over 200 students
• High Point Pantry provided food to over 170 students
• Greensboro Pantry is newly formed
The Foundation supported a variety of student
• 14 students and 8 advisors attended the National SkillsUSA
Conference with the assistance of the Foundation
• 56 students sponsored by 16 faculty members participated in
Student Presentation Day
• $5500 in support of National Intercollegiate Flying
- $2.50 per month, or $30, buys 45 cans of tuna fish to stock
the Food Pantries.
- $5.00 per month, or $60, buys a Culinary uniform including
pants, hat, apron, tie, and chef's coat.
- $78 per month, or $936, buys a laptop with
software for a student.
- $85 per month, or $1020, can help sponsor
a scholarship for 16 hours of curriculum
- $10.00 per month, or $120, can help purchase a Nurse's
- $20 per month, or $240, can help buy books for English 111
/ Sociology 210.
- $50 per month, or $600, can help purchase Welding supplies
and course materials.