- Generic Withdrawal date for full term 16 week
November 10th - Fall 2014
|1. What is
a visiting student?
A visiting student is a student that is not seeking a degree
from GTCC and/or not receiving financial aid but would like to take
one or more curriculum courses.
|2. I'm a
visiting student, do I have to submit transcripts or take placement
a. If you have credit from another institution
that meets the pre-requisite requirements for the course you want
to take at GTCC, yes you will need to provide a transcript in order
to register for the course. If you use an unofficial transcript you
will have to be manually registered but if you send an official
transcript to the college in a reasonable amount of time to be
evaluated you will be able to register via WebAdvisor.
b. You will only need to take the placement
test if you don't have any previous college credit (must have C or
higher) that satisfies the pre-requisite requirement.
|3. I want
to just search for classes and nothing else. What do I
Go to the following website site and enter Fall Semester 2014 in
the term box.
|4. I don't
have a registration appointment time, when do I
If you do not have a registration appointment time listed in
WebAdvisor, your date is April 28th. If you are a former student
who has not attended GTCC in the past two years you would need to
reapply. Go to the following link to get started: http://success.gtcc.edu
|5. Do I
need to have a pink copy of my schedule?
No, the bookstore and your instructors will take the printed
schedule from online.
|6. How do I
register for an orientation?
Please go to https://orientation.gtcc.edu
|7. Who is
1. That information is listed
in WebAdvisor, in the "My Profile" tab.
You may be assigned to two individuals depending on your status at
the college. In order to get the advising
hold removed (only added to students who started in
a fall term) you will see the primary
person listed (1st person listed).
|8. When am
I assigned an advisor or when does it change?
- All currently enrolled students are assigned after registration
if they are not assigned
- New Students: after completion of orientation
- Assignments are made twice a month for those lacking an
- If your program changes you are assigned a new person in your
|9. How do I
make an appointment with my advisor?
- You have to make appointments to see your faculty coach or
student success professional.
- Your assigned person will only contact you via your GTCC email
- You will have to work around your faculty coach's or student
success professional's schedule because many are teaching or have
other obligations and this is a way to assure you see someone when
- Please don't make demands on their time when you are requesting
a meeting. They are here to help but again have a rigorous schedule
as you all do and may not be able to assist when you express you
have to have your meeting but they will try their best to
accommodate both your schedule and theirs. (ex. You have to see me
now because this is the only time I am available, this type of
demand will be denied).
- Make your appointments prior to your registration appointment
time (Your assigned person cannot change your registration date and
- Walk-Ins are at the discretion of the faculty coach.
- If you are assigned to someone in the Student Success Center
you can walk-in but depending on how many people are there to see
who you are trying to see, there could be a delay.
- Always allow one to two business days for a reply from anyone
you contact on campus.
- Your assigned person will provide you with their expectations
and guidelines for their meetings etc.
- If you have an advising hold, you will not be able to register
until you meet with your assigned person to have the hold
- Your assigned person may not be on the campus you take courses
but you will be required to make arrangements to see them.
- If you have a 3.0 GPA or higher you can communicate with your
assigned faculty coach or student success specialist via email,
phone or other virtual options instead of face-to-face but
face-to-face is still an option.
- The Student Success Center (formerly Advising Center) will only
assist students on their caseload when considering advising
assistance, if you are not on their caseload you will have to see
your assigned person. We will still handle other services we
provide (program change, overrides, max time frame, career
services, academic probation withdrawal signature (if you can't get
instructor signature), etc. Please go to our website for a list of
services. (Student Success Center)
are the expectations?
Expectations for Students: (Student
- As a student, you are expected to:
- Schedule and keep advising appointments
- Come prepared to all advising sessions.
- Actively participate in the process and the conversation about
- Follow through on advising recommendations in a timely
Expectations for Faculty coach and/or student success
- As a faculty coach or student success professional, I will:
- Be knowledgeable about programs and graduation requirements,
policies, and procedures.
- Encourage and guide students to develop and pursue their
- Refer students to appropriate campus resources.
- Be accessible via phone, email, and by appointment.
How do I get an advisor?
Email email@example.com with the
- Name & Student ID number (if you don't know it go
- Major (if your program needs to be changed please complete a
program change form, so that you are assigned to the correct
- Last Term of Attendance (if you have been out more than two
years you have to reapply to the college by going to
- Are you a new student or returning student?
Special Note: If you are a
new student you are not assigned an advisor until after you attend
orientation because you are advised by an advisor during
orientation. This assignment is done at the end of the term. If you
have not attended orientation please go to https://orientation.gtcc.edu.
- Visiting students are not assigned advisors.
|12. What do
If you don't know what to take, current students
can log-in to
WebAdvisor and click on "Program Evaluation" under
the "Academic Profile" tab to determine the course requirements for
your program of study, or any program of study you might be
13. What is the catalog information
Go to course
14. Are you in a limited enrollment
Go to the following link to get the admissions
15. Do you know how to use
If not, WebAdvisor Training is being
provided in the AT
lab on a regular basis please stop by to see the available days
16. Do you have a restriction
These are the following
reasons for restrictions:
Business Holds: Indicates must see
business office. Please see Cashiers
b. Incomplete File: This means you are
missing a transcript and must submit an official transcript before
you can register. If you registered for the Fall without it we gave
you one semester to get it in. Moving forward for new students they
will have 30 days from the first day of class to get it
17. Do you have course
Please click on the course that indicates there is a conflict
more than likely there is a lab attached to the course that has an
New Student Registration
|All new students are required to attend a
New or Transfer Student Orientation. They will be advised at their
orientation session. For information on orientation.