Incoming Transcripts

Students are responsible for requesting transcripts from other institutions they have attended, including high schools, the College Board, colleges, and universities. Please download the Transcript Request Form for other academic institutions (PDF).

Official transcripts must be appropriately “sealed” by the school where the credits were earned. Sealed transcripts should be mailed to:

Guilford Technical Community College
P. O. Box 309
Jamestown, NC 27282

If your institution sends encrypted electronic transcripts, have them sent to

Once received, transcripts for students applying for a degree, diploma, or certificate will be evaluated. Processing paper transcripts will be delayed until campus activities resume. Approved transfer credits will be assigned to the student’s academic record as appropriate.

If you have questions about incoming transcripts, contact our document management technicians in Medlin Campus Center, Room 2511:

International Transcripts: Students are advised to submit their record of courses to an agency recognized by NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Services) for an international evaluation. 

Requesting GTCC Transcripts

Transcripts can be requested online through Parchment.
Learn More

The Greater Greensboro Consortium (GGC)

The GGC program allows GTCC students to take courses at other nearby colleges that are not available in a given semester at GTCC.
Learn More


Graduation applications will be accepted each semester with an annual commencement ceremony in May.

Learn More

Frequently Asked Questions

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 is federal legislation regarding the privacy of student records. It governs the disclosure of education records maintained by institutions (including GTCC) and access to those records.

Students have the right to:

  • Inspect and review their education records
  • Have some control over the disclosure of information from their education records
  • Seek to amend incorrect education records

All records that directly relate to a student and are maintained by the college are considered education records. These records can take numerous forms (paper records, media files, etc.). They do not only refer to records stored in Student Records or Colleague.

Without the student’s written consent, only directory information may be released. At GTCC, the following are considered directory information and may be released without prior written consent from the student:

  • Student’s name
  • Major field of study
  • Enrollment status (e.g. full time, part time)
  • Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
  • Weight and height of members of athletic teams
  • Dates of attendance
  • Degree(s) and award(s) received
  • Most recent previous educational agency or institution attended by the student

For more details about FERPA, please visit the US Department of Education website.

For more information, call 1-800-USA-LEARN (1-800-872-5327) (voice). Those who use TDD may use the Federal Relay Service.

Or you may write to the following address:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20202-8520

Any questions about FERPA policies should be directed to the GTCC Registrar.

Students may print a schedule and bill from WebAdvisor.

Information about the "HOLD" status is in WebAdvisor.

Transcripts can be requested online through Parchment. For more information, please visit our Requesting Transcripts page.

Yes. Verification of enrollment may be obtained by contacting the National Student Clearinghouse. The student may come to the Enrollment Service Counter and a form will be completed indicating the current enrollment status.