Student Identification Cards

To promote a safe learning environment, all persons who are consistently present on a GTCC campus are required to have in their possession a GTCC issued ID and present it upon request by personnel.

In order to receive the GTCC Student Identification Card, you must present two of the following, one of which MUST be a photo identification card:

Acceptable Forms of ID

(All documents must be unexpired)

  • State issued driver’s license or ID card with photo
  • U.S. Passport
  • Federal, state, or local government issued card with photo
  • Social Security Card
  • U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
  • Voter Registration Card
  • Native American tribal document
  • US Military card or draft record
  • Canadian issued driver’s license
  • Military dependent’s ID card
  • Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt card (Form I-551)
  • U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
  • Foreign passport containing a temporary I-551 stamp on a machine-readable immigrant visa
  • Employment Authorization Document with photo (Form I-766)
  • GTCC Student ID*

*In order to receive a GTCC Student ID you must present two of the above IDs, one of which MUST be a photo identification card. NO EXCEPTIONS. This includes replacement IDs.

Student ID Offices and Hours

Medlin Campus Center, Suite 1200
(336) 334-4822, ext. 50517
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
For services after 5 p.m., please email Berri Cross for an appointment.

Continuing Education Center Room 132
(336) 334-4822, ext. 53126 or ext. 53072
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday
9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday

H1 Room 121
(336) 334-4822, ext. 55016
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday

Please contact Mary King at or (336) 334-4822, ext. 50911 for aviation students only.

8 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesday