Let us help you!

Email or Virtual Meeting


We can quickly answer your questions by email or you can set up a virtual appointment to meet via Microsoft Teams or Zoom!

Call Us


Call us at 336-334-4822 Option 0 from the main menu.

Get in Line


Use QLess Virtual Line to get in line for student services without actually standing in line. Why wait in the lobby?

The Records Office manages the academic records of the college and responds to general college inquiries for customers of the Enrollment Services Counter and the Call Center. Services for students include transcripts, changes to student records, and graduation. 

Records Office Forms

The Records Office offers several services that require either an electronic or paper form submission.

Available Forms

Requesting GTCC Transcripts

Transcripts can be requested online through Parchment.
Learn More


Graduation applications will be accepted each semester with an annual commencement ceremony in May. 

Learn More

The Greater Greensboro Consortium (GGC)

The GGC program allows GTCC students to take courses at other nearby colleges that are not available in a given semester at GTCC.
Learn More

Reverse Transfer

Complete your GTCC degree by transferring courses back from a participating North Carolina College or University.
Learn More

Transfer Equivalency Search 

View the list of credits accepted by GTCC.

Learn More

Frequently Asked Questions

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 is federal legislation regarding the privacy of student records.  It governs the disclosure of education records maintained by institutions (including GTCC) and access to those records.

Students have the right to:

  • Inspect & review their education records
  • Have some control over disclosure of information from their education records
  • Seek to amend incorrect education records

All records that directly relate to a student and are maintained by the college are considered education records.  These records can take numerous forms (paper records, media files, etc.) – they do not only refer to records stored in Student Records or in Colleague.

Without the student’s written consent, only directory information may be released.  At GTCC, the following are considered directory information and may be released without prior written consent from the student:

  • Student’s name
  • Major field of study
  • Enrollment status (e.g. full time, part time)
  • Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
  • Weight and height of members of athletic teams
  • Dates of attendance
  • Degree(s) and award(s) received
  • Most recent previous educational agency or institution attended by the student

For more details concerning FERPA, please visit the website of the US Department of Education.

For additional information, you may call 1-800-USA-LEARN (1-800-872-5327) (voice). Individuals who use TDD may use the Federal Relay Service.

Or you may write to the following address:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-8520

Any questions regarding FERPA policies should be directed to the GTCC Registrar.

Students may print a schedule and bill from WebAdvisor.

Information relative to a “HOLD” status is located in WebAdvisor.

Please see GTCC's Requesting Transcripts page.

Yes, verification of enrollment may be obtained by contacting the National Student Clearinghouse. The student may come to the Enrollment Service Counter and a form will be completed indicating the current enrollment status.

Transferring credit to GTCC

GTCC accepts credits earned in academic programs from colleges and universities accredited by one of the following seven regional agencies. 

  • Middle States Commission on Higher Education
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Higher Learning Commission
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges
  • The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges

Advanced standing

The college recognizes and values knowledge and skills gained in many ways. Advanced academic standing may be earned by any or all of the following methods:

  1. Transfer of credit from approved institutions
  2. Guilford Technical Community College proficiency examinations
  3. College Level Examinations Program (CLEP) | Download information [PDF]
  4. Advanced Placement examinations (AP) | Download information [PDF]
  5. High school articulation | Download articulation credit form [PDF] Download articulation agreement [PDF]
  6. Professional certification
  7. International Baccalaureate (IB) | Download information [PDF]

Proficiency exams

Students who have gained knowledge and skills through continuing education courses with no avenues for cross-walk or work experience may receive credits through the use of proficiency exams.

International and military transcripts

Transfer credit from international colleges is awarded on a case-by-case basis and may require department chair validation. Students are advised to submit their record of coursework to an agency recognized by NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Services) for an international evaluation.

Military and veteran students should also submit their Joint Service Transcript and/or Community College of the Air Force Transcript.

Course equivalency process

The Records Office will determine the appropriate course equivalency for acceptance of transfer credit. Credits will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Students will receive credit for courses with an earned grade of “C” or better. Transferred courses may require department validation before acceptance.

Some departments and courses have time limits for transferring. See which departments and courses have time limits for transferring.

 To receive a degree from GTCC, the student must earn at GTCC one-fourth of the required hours in the degree program and one-third of the major course work applicable to graduation.

 To have a transcript re-evaluated go to: Records Office Forms.  Choose the Transfer Credit Re-Evaluation form, attach the required documentation and send to records@gtcc.edu.

See a list of transfer credits accepted by GTCC.

Transfer Equivalency Search